At the point when kidneys quit working successfully, you have an alternative of a dialysis or a kidney transplant. Dialysis guarantees that you wipe out the waste items out of your body yet it does not supplant the majority of the elements of the kidneys. When you are determined to have fizzling kidneys, treatment can here and there anticipate or postpone their total disappointment. However, with a Transplant, your body is able to continuously eliminate the waste products of metabolism, and extra fluid. Kidneys also help in the creation of a natural hormone called erythropoietin that prevents anaemia. Additionally, it helps convert the vitamin D into an active chemical which will help keep bones healthy. What is more, it helps excretion of some poisonous drugs.
Assessment For kidney transplant
There are a few important variables to be assessed before you undergo kidney transplant surgery. To begin with, you will be referred to transplant just when you are nearing or have begun dialysis.
- There is not any dependence on age factor or cultural background in regards to evaluation for a transplant. It all depends on if you are fit enough to have the surgery and cope with all the after effects of the operation.
- A few of the factors checked are signs of cardiovascular disease, chest ailments and other issues. Special investigations are conducted to evaluate if these risk factors are too good for transplant.
- Next there will be a thorough discussion between the experts like the surgeons, nephrologist, cardiologist and the doctor before the decision is finalized.
- As soon as you are considered fit enough to get a transplant, the experts will explain all of the risks and benefits to you.
- Many times there’s a waiting list for a transplant.
- There will be a range of tests conducted to assess whether you have had specific virus infections.
- The experts will also ask you if you have any close friends or family that is prepared to be live donors.
- Live donor transplants are proven to provide the kidneys a much better chance of long term survival in comparison with diseased donor transplants.
Whether you get a specific donor kidney or not is determined initially by the blood group. It is pretty tricky to get two people to be perfectly alike, because the genes are different. It is however possible to reach a good enough fit for a successful transplant. The bashir dawood operation takes around three hours and proper care has to be taken place operation also.